SONGBIRD DENTAL COVID19 Updates
Date: Updated May 25th, 2020
We hope this communication finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office.
Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and 48 hours after your appointment. We will be taking your temperature upon arrival.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• When the time comes for direct in office patient care we will ask that as few people as possible enter the building. We are asking that you come alone for your appointment unless accompanying child or medically necessary. We ask that with young children, only one parent accompany each child to limit the amount of people in the waiting room.
• Only the patient will be allowed in the treatment area to maintain the guidelines of social distancing that we know will remain in place for the upcoming months.
• For the immediate future, we expect patients will arrive with face covers/masks to contain aerosols in our office as in public and will continue to wear them in the reception area.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Luciana Petto Messina and Staff
Call Songbird Dental in Shrewsbury, MA, Today!
At Songbird Dental, we strive to help patients enjoy improved overall health and a higher quality of life with a comprehensive, personalized, and patient-centric focus to dental care. To learn more about our preventive, cosmetic, restorative, and prosthetic dental services, schedule a consultation with Dr. Messina by calling Songbird Dental in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, at 508-842-8100.