Do you know why it’s so important to keep up with your dental hygiene? Do you look at brushing and flossing as something you have to do (but you’re not sure that you’re completely connecting with the potentially negative side effects of avoiding these tasks)? If you’re wondering how knowledgeable you are regarding your smile care, learn a bit about it with a quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: You should brush and floss to avoid bad breath – this is one of the major (but often unrealized) benefits of dental hygiene.
- True or False: Brushing and flossing will actually help you prolong the life of your restorations – it’s good for both natural and artificial tissue that you remove plaque and food particles from your smile.
- True or False: Dental hygiene will help you avoid tooth loss down the line, so it’s extremely important that you keep up with good habits.
- True. Unfortunately, patients often think either that they just need to stop eating certain foods (which can certainly be the case) or that something is terribly wrong. In many instances, bad breath simply comes from less than stellar dental hygiene, which is easy to fix.
- True. Fortunately, keeping your restorations (like crowns) in good shape for as long as possible just requires you to practice excellent dental care, including brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings.
- True. Patients often wrongly assume that getting older is what causes tooth loss. In most cases, it’s really just a matter of bad oral health that comes from neglected brushing and flossing.
Call Songbird Dental in Shrewsbury, MA, Today!
At Songbird Dental, we strive to help patients enjoy improved overall health and a higher quality of life with a comprehensive, personalized, and patient-centric focus to dental care. To learn more about our preventive, cosmetic, restorative, and prosthetic dental services, schedule a consultation with Dr. Messina by calling Songbird Dental in Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, at 508-842-8100.