While we cannot wholly discount the possibility that luck comes into play, we generally dismiss the thought of “good fortune” when it comes to protecting one’s oral health. Why? Well, there is enough scientific data to suggest that common factors lead to whether your smile remains in beautiful, healthy condition or if it is going to end up suffering from illness or damage. We are happy to offer a bit of enlightenment on the topic with a quiz. Of course, coming in for a visit will give you additional time to clear up any confusion.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: For some people, heredity completely controls the outcome of one’s oral health.
- True or False: It’s a common misconception that you need to brush and floss without missing a beat. Missing your brushing every now and then won’t heavily factor into your smile’s health.
- True or False: It doesn’t really matter if you protect your teeth or not, since we can make repairs with restorative dentistry.
- False. Your genes can certainly influence your likelihood of experiencing gingivitis, tooth decay, and other issues. However, you are still in control of your oral health. You simply need to brush, floss, and see us for prevention.
- False. Don’t assume that your friend who brushes every now and then isn’t experiencing oral health difficulties. Consistency is completely essential in protecting your smile.
- False. The longer you keep your smile safe and your teeth whole, the longer you can expect your smile to last. Prevention is always the best choice.