Are you someone who stands in front of the mirror, staring at your smile, worrying about the fateful day when you simply start losing your teeth? If this is because you don’t care for your smile at all then we understand. However, if you are under the impression that tooth loss is an unavoidable part of life, think again! It’s not so simple. In fact, it’s entirely possible to keep your smile healthy for a lifetime. Find out more by taking our quiz.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: Your age has very little to do with whether or not you experience tooth loss. If you believe that losing is something that simply comes with becoming older, you need to realize that this is not accurate.
- True or False: Protecting yourself from losing your teeth simply requires you to keep your smile safe from harm. While you can’t avoid all possible dangers, you can prevent decay and other types of disease in part with your home care.
- True or False: Dental hygiene is very important but so is your decision to keep up with your professional cleanings.
- True. Tooth loss and age are not directly linked. Patients who care for their smiles very well can enjoy intact smiles for their entire lives, while patients who are very young and don’t care for their smiles can end up losing teeth.
- True. You just need to brush twice a day (and remember to floss once every day). This keeps plaque from accumulating, turning into tartar, and leading to disease that can cause tooth loss.
- True. For the best approach to avoiding the potential loss of your teeth, we suggest you take your cleanings (and checkups) seriously. They remove any additional plaque from your smile and allow us to treat problems before they escalate.